Unknown
I went to Our Lady of Mount Carmel church today at Efford for the Good Friday service. It was good, it was brilliant, I must say. Shockingly, Beattrice, Clare, Bennedette, Mdm Punes and I were the earliest to arrive there although it was half an hour before the service started. It was totally different from Malaysia's Good Friday service - you have to be there at least an hour before the service starts or else you won't get the best seat that you want. Trust me. Lols. Now, come to think of it, was it because I was staying further and Rohit, Kate and Hannah were staying quite close to the church which makes me arrive there earlier than them? Time management wiselike? Good question. I have no idea. LOLs.

Anyways, Damien's mum, Felice and his sister, Michelle invited me over to their house for a cuppa tea and surprisingly, a hot cross bun meal. According to Felice, it's a tradition for English people to eat hot cross buns on Good Friday. The cross on the buns symbolizes the Crucifixion of Christ. The white stuff used to make the cross over the buns are believed to be made from the same dough used to make the communion wafer. A new knowledge I got from English people today. Thanks to Felice for telling me this! And pardon my language as in calling other people's parents' by their first names, but that's the tradition over here. So, don't freak out if you happened to notice that I called my friend's parents by their first names lols! Ahh, for further info on hot cross buns, do click here :)


note to self: eat it with spread or butter spreaded in the middle. It's yummy-licious!

The whole Lenten season is so interesting - you can never imagine people doing abstinence and give up their favourite stuffs for the whole FORTY DAYS. Plus, different people celebrates the whole Lenten and Easter season differently according to their cultures. It's a bit solemn during this season - no Alleluias, no Glorias, more of taize-like (read: adoration), and of course, more of solemn songs and less catchy ones. I have friends who gave up Facebook for Lent. Some gave up crisps, chocolate and alcohol, but the most common thing to do is to give up eating red meat (read: abstinence). Well, since the Lenten season's going to be over by tomorrow midnight, might as well I shared what have I done for the Lenten season. I gave up shopping (woot2!!!) and alcohol, but apparently I didn't manage to get it to the end since I took them on one of the night during my birthday bash. But at least I managed to give up shopping up to the end of the Lenten season - almost! An honest confession eyh? I shall try it again next year, hopefully I can manage it, at least for forty days. LOLs!!!!!

There are so many things messing with my little brain right now, and I hope that I will be able to sort things out as soon as possible. With the courseworks piling up like crazy, I really need to manage my time wisely. Right. 20 minutes to 11pm and I'll be off to bed soon. I'm working the next morning. Basically I don't have weekends, or the least I can say is I don't really have life. Joking. I'll stop for now. I might be blogging again soon. There are more stories to be shared. Till then, sweet dreams peeps :)

-nukilan al yang chantek ahakz :P-
0 Responses